ATTENTION HOSPITAL EMPLOYEES!
IF YOU ARE REGISTERING FOR THIS COURSE THROUGH YOUR EMPLOYER, PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE OBTAINED YOUR HOSPITAL'S PROMOTIONAL CODE FROM YOU NURSE MANAGER. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THIS CODE, OUR SYSTEM WILL REQUIRE YOU TO PAY AT THE TIME OF ENROLLMENT. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT SYNAPSE AT 989-746-7524
HeartCode PALS Part 1 is a web-based, self-directed program that teaches healthcare providers knowledge and skills needed to recognize and prevent cardiopulmonary arrest in infants and children. Using eSimulation technology, students assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings where they can apply their knowledge to real-time decision-making and skills development. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation to facilitate learning about pediatric advanced life support.
Successful completion of Part 1(online portion) will grant the student access to the hands on skill station assessment at Covenant Healthcare Simulation Center by an AHA Instructor. Upon successful completion of the online course and hands on skill station assessment, a PALS Provider card will be issued.
Registration includes the AHA Key to take the online course and a scheduled date/time for the hands on skill station assessment that will be conducted at Covenant Healthcare Simulation Center by an AHA Instructor.
At Covenant Healthcare Simulation Center, we utilize our mid and high-fidelity patient simulators to enhance learning through improved realism. Our experienced faculty include practicing physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists and paramedics.
- Friday, December 4, 2020 at 1:00 PMCMU College of Medicine Building
- Monday, March 29, 2021 at 12:00 PMCMU College of Medicine Building
- Monday, June 7, 2021 at 12:00 PMCMU College of Medicine Building
- Monday, September 27, 2021 at 12:00 PMCMU College of Medicine Building
- Monday, November 8, 2021 at 12:00 PMCMU College of Medicine Building
- Monday, December 6, 2021 at 12:00 PMCMU College of Medicine Building